ReingOfCrusader
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xPrince Champ Guide

4 posters

Go down

xPrince Champ Guide Empty xPrince Champ Guide

Post  xPRINCEx Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:23 am

Why Should I Choose Champion?

My note: Champion requires a huge amount of efforts to play. It carries melee weapon all the time and absorbs all the damage dealt to him directly. The character is designed for those who are adventurous at heart and willing to take time to explore the world of PKO.

Main Role: Generally as a Tanker. Basically a champion will be the big guy who walks infront of the group, taking all the damage dealt by aggro mobs.

Weakness:
1) Weak in normal leveling.
2) Low accuracy and low attack speed.
3) No buffs.

Strength:
1) Large amount of HP
2) High defense
3) Because of the two point above, champion would always be the last to die in a group.
4) Cool primal rage skill
5) The only character with tattoo
6) Does not need to rely much to mambo-jambo skills.
7) Has Area-Of-Effect skill at level40.
Cool You are the only guy who actually looks like a badass pirate in the whole game (except voyager)

Tacticals

Champion has a straightforward hack & slash nature that allows him to engage mobs and boss head on without needing to do silly manuevres and super micro-controlling. So, the strategy to attack mobs is pretty simple;

a) Pre-Lv40. IMHO, the only useful active skill is BreakArmor, which i don't really see the effects anyway. Since it is ranged, I just use it as a replacement to Taunt. Otherwise leave your SP full all the time, it doesn't matter.

Few important points to mobbing. Most of the time, please practise how to lure out a single mob. A whole angry swarm of Barbaric Bees stinging you doesn't make you look cool at all. You're just wasting the HP advantage you have by sitting down more. Luring technique posted in next post.

b) Post-Lv40.
FullCon Build: Howl is your best friend. The fastest and easiest way for champion to level is by charging into a chunk of angry aggro mobs and starts howling till your throat sores. i mean, till you run out of SP. It is highly effective to take out large numbers of mobs at the shortest time. Don't bother wasting your SP at any other skills, just concerntrate on Howling.
I don't think TigerRoar is that useful too, since the effects is not there, or it is really minor.
Best partner: Cleric/Sealmaster (Harden), Voyager (Conch Ray).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stats Allocation
- Con. Champion's stats revolves around con. Without con, a Champion is pointless.
- Agi is still useless for a champ, period. Till proved otherwise, i'm not encouraging any champs to put their stats into agi.
- Acc is meaningless for all char except Sharpshooter. Champ's hitrate is sufficient for leveling and pvp. Anyhow, acc can be compensated by two hitrate rings.

In a nutshell, i emphasize this guide typically by having Con as the main stats.

Type A: FullCon Champ
Difficulty: Hard from Lvl1-40, medium at Lvl41-100.

Put all your stat points into Con. By doing this, you will max your Con at approximately Lv63. After that, the stat points can either be invested into str or spr. For this moment being, many recommended putting points into Str after maxxed Con.

Type B: Hybrid Strength Champ[str+Con]
Difficulty: Medium from Lvl1-40, little bit harder at Lvl41-100.

There is actually 2 type of Str/Con Champ, you can either use;
- 3Con:1Str or;
- 2Con:1Str.
Commonly, players use the 3:1 build for safer leveling. 2:1 build is more challenging, but with better damage throughout Lv1-40. After that, you need to seriously spend all your stats in Con.

Type C: Hybrid Spirit Champ[spr+Con]
Difficulty: Hard from Lvl1-40, easy from Lvl41-100

This is an untested build, but it is feasible due to the large amount of SP champ needs for his skill such as PrimalRage, Howl, IllusionSlash, etc. With the extra Spr, a Champ can get that extra magic defense that's lacking in PVP. The suggested distributions are either Con are maxxed first, or distributed in;
- 3Con:1Spr or;
- 4Con:1Spr.

EDIT: I'd tried a new Agi Champion in server "Anchor". I took 3x extra duration to level my newbie to swordman. Totally not worth it. Will try to level it with different skill build when im free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skills

#I realize that we need a sword to active the passive skills of Masteries, whereas the skill listing in website indicates that no weapons are required. So, i changed the "weapon required" column from none to respective weapons.

[Swordman]

Sword Mastery

Weapon Required: Sword
Skill Type: Passive
Prerequistic: Concerntration Lv2
Description: Increase attack when using sword.
Skill Increment: Each level increase 4 points.

Will Of Steel

Weapon Required: None
Skill Type: Initiate
Prerequistic: Concerntration Lv2
Description: Increase defense of character. (Fix consumption of 10 SP)
Skill Increment: Each level increase 1 point.

Concentration

Prerequistic: None
Description: Increase hit rate of character.
Skill Increment: Each level increase 1 point.

Illusion Slash

Prerequistic: Sword Mastery Lv3
Description: Use energy of sword to damage enemy at a distance. (Fix consumption of 20 SP)
Skill Increment: Increase attack according to skill level and attack speed of character.

Berserk

Prerequistic: Illusion Slash Lv 4
Description: Increase hit rate and attack speed for short duration. (Fix consumption of 15 SP)
Skill Increment: Each additional level increase effect.

Tiger Roar

Prerequistic: Break Armor Lv 4
Description: Decrease attack and movement speed of enemy in an area. (Fix consumption of 20 SP)
Skill Increment: Each level decrease attack by 3, movement speed 1%. Time duration 15s.

Break Armor

Prerequistic: Sword Mastery Lv 3
Description: Each level decrease attack by 3, movement speed 1%. Time duration 15s.
Skill Increment: Each level decrease defense by 4. Time duration 15s.

[Champion]

Mighty Strike

Weapon Required: GreatSword
Prerequistic: Strengthen Lv3
Description: Ferocious melee attack on a single target (Level 1 consume 8 SP. Each level need 1 more SP).
Skill Increment: Level 1 increase attack by 1.25 times. Each additional level increase 5%

Primal Rage

Weapon Required: GreatSword
Equipment Required: Totem (Tattoo)
Prerequistic: Blood Bull Lv 5
Description: Equip totem to use skill. Close attack on target (Level 1 consume 53 SP. Each level need 3 more SP).
Skill Increment: Level 1 increase attack by 3.5 times. Each additional level increase 50%

Greatsword Mastery

Weapon Required: Greatsword
Prerequistic: Tiger Roar Lv5
Description: Increase attack when using greatsword
Skill Increment: Each level increase 7 points.

Blood Bull

Equipment Required: Totem (Tattoo)
Prerequistic: Greatsword Mastery Lv 5
Description: Equip totem to increase max HP and defense of character.
Skill Increment: Level 1 increase defense and max HP by 10%. Each additional level increase 2%

Strengthen

Prerequistic: Greatsword Mastery Lv 2
Description: Increase max HP of character.
Skill Increment: Each level increase 20 points.

Howl

Weapon Required: Greatsword
Prerequistic: Mighty Strike Lv 2
Description: Damage enemies in an area (Level 1 consume 20 SP. Each level need 1 more SP).
Skill Increment: Level 1 increase attack by 1.05 times. Each additional level increase 5%

Skill points Allocations

As emphasized by Snowy on her CharBuild guide, skill points are VERY IMPORTANT. At Lv50, you will have damage of 300++ from swords. If you pushes mastery to Lv10, you would have 4dmg x 10 = 40extra damages. And with maximum GreatSword mastery, you would have 7dmg x 10 = 70dmg. Overall of +110dmg. Not too shabby if you solo level. But this will prevent skillpoints from being invested in active skills. Nevertheless, i will add a build for maximum Mastery Champion. Another note, Magic damage ignores defense.

#The skill points allocation are mostly in sequence of pre-requistic, but not necessary need to be maxxed for certain skills.

Do not spend skillpoints on BloodBull before Lv50 if you are using Totems (Tattoo) from NPCs. Unless you have a Sealed/Unsealed Lv45 Tattoo, BloodBull and PrimalRage can not be used.

Snowy's version of Champion
This build is the fastest way to maximise Howl when you hit Lv40. Skill allocations are all spent on pre-requistics.

Swordsman.
Concentration Lv2
Sword Mastery Lv3
Break Armor Lv4
Tiger Roar Lv5

Skillpoints spent: 14
CharLevel required: 23
Skillpoints leftover during ClassChange: 31 - 14 = 17points. (You change to swordsman at Lv9, and gain one skillpoint at Lv10. Lv11-20: 10skillpoints, Lv21-30: 10skillpoints, Lv31-40: 10skillpoints -> 1+10+10+10 = 31skillpoints)

Champion
GreatSword Mastery Lv3
Strengthen Lv3
Mighty Strike Lv2
Howl Lv 10
Blood Bull Lv5
Primal Rage Lv5+
Finally, any skills of choice.

Skillpoints spent: 28
Total skillpoints spent: 28+14 = 42
CharLevel required: 51

Taunt Champion

Swordsman.
Taunt Lv5
Roar Lv1
Concentration Lv2
Sword Mastery Lv3
Break Armor Lv4
Tiger Roar Lv5

Champion.
GreatSword Mastery Lv3
Strengthen Lv3
Mighty Strike Lv2
Howl Lv10
Blood Bull Lv5
Primal Rage Lv5+

Mastery Champion

Swordsman.
Concentration Lv2
Sword Mastery Lv10
Break Armor Lv4
Tiger Roar Lv5

Skillpoints spent: 21
CharLevel required: 30
Skillpoints leftover during ClassChange: 31 - 21 = 9points.

Champion.
GreatSword Mastery Lv10
Strengthen Lv10
Blood Bull Lv10
Primal Rage Lv1+

Skillpoints spent: 31
Total skillpoints spent: 31+21 = 52
CharLevel required: 59
xPRINCEx
xPRINCEx
Crusader
Crusader

Number of posts : 59
Unseal Credits :
xPrince Champ Guide Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100xPrince Champ Guide Right_bar_bleue

Fame :
xPrince Champ Guide Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100xPrince Champ Guide Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

xPrince Champ Guide Empty RE: Character Build

Post  Brigadier Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:32 am

Very good job, it'll be great for people who don't know how to make one. I've been a Crusader forever, it'll be great for me to actually make a Champ now.
Brigadier
Brigadier
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 223
Unseal Credits :
xPrince Champ Guide Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100xPrince Champ Guide Right_bar_bleue

Fame :
xPrince Champ Guide Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100xPrince Champ Guide Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

xPrince Champ Guide Empty Re: xPrince Champ Guide

Post  tronexhx Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:20 pm

good job i havent seen guides coz a busy week Very Happy
tronexhx
tronexhx
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 87
Unseal Credits :
xPrince Champ Guide Left_bar_bleue26 / 10026 / 100xPrince Champ Guide Right_bar_bleue

Fame :
xPrince Champ Guide Left_bar_bleue85 / 10085 / 100xPrince Champ Guide Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

xPrince Champ Guide Empty Briga

Post  xPRINCEx Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:34 am

Maybe if u choose a champ, i will make a slasher guide.
xPRINCEx
xPRINCEx
Crusader
Crusader

Unseal Credits :

Fame :

Back to top Go down

xPrince Champ Guide Empty RE: Prince

Post  Brigadier Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:18 am

Ya that'll be cool I dont really know anything about other classes except for a Cruz. But keep it up and try not to distort the Guide/Build. It could be confusing like last time with the SM build. Other than that good job.
Brigadier
Brigadier
Admin
Admin

Unseal Credits :
xPrince Champ Guide Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100xPrince Champ Guide Right_bar_bleue

Fame :
xPrince Champ Guide Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100xPrince Champ Guide Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

xPrince Champ Guide Empty Briga

Post  xPRINCEx Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:10 am

I have a slasher chamo, make a slasher chamo i give u the guide, and maybe we will be in real slashers chamos xD albino
xPRINCEx
xPRINCEx
Crusader
Crusader

Unseal Credits :

Fame :

Back to top Go down

xPrince Champ Guide Empty RE: Prince

Post  Brigadier Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:24 am

Cool ya that'll be cool to see on the Forums
Brigadier
Brigadier
Admin
Admin

Unseal Credits :

Fame :

Back to top Go down

xPrince Champ Guide Empty Real Champs

Post  xPRINCEx Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:48 am

I will start right now. to make the guide
xPRINCEx
xPRINCEx
Crusader
Crusader

Unseal Credits :

Fame :

Back to top Go down

xPrince Champ Guide Empty RE: Champ

Post  Brigadier Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:25 am

Cool that'll be great but Try making it in a new topic.
It's great your putting guides in the forums.
Brigadier
Brigadier
Admin
Admin

Unseal Credits :

Fame :

Back to top Go down

Post  ouzi Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:02 pm

VRY GD JOP
i think i`ll make a champion (After my Crusader)
ouzi
ouzi
Warrrior
Warrrior

Number of posts : 12
Unseal Credits :

Fame :

Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down